Linux vital linux mint

Hi

Vital is not working it says its required openGL version 1.04
i have installed openGL version 2.00
should be fine like this but if i try to start vital a pop up windows comes with this massage:
Its required openGL version 1.04

How to solve this issue?

running linux mint version : System: Kernel: 5.4.0-89-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 9.3.0 Desktop: Cinnamon 4.8.6

This is a bug because opengl 2 is like 400 years old by now :slight_smile: I’ve quoted my situation and process although yours may be different, the “spoofing” of openGL seems necessary in some cases.

"
The workaround for my situation with my particular on-cpu graphics problem running Vital in WINE:

For those who are using for example, an Integrated Intel graphics CPU who need the Vital.dll to work in Reaper in WINE, but gives you a black screen (or some other DAW) , and if you’re getting the OpenGl 1.4 error, and your system is using the MESA driver, then try this temporary environmental variable to start your DAW: (in this case, Reaper) It will cause Reaper and all your .dll plugins to see version 4.5 of OpenGL. You may not have 4.5 so check your ‘glxinfo’

MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=4.5 wine ‘/home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/REAPER (x64)/reaper.exe’

(where I wronte ‘/home/username…reaper.exe’ you must substitute your own DAW’s path of course.)

This temporarily tells WINE to use 4.5 as it’s “OpenGL (Shader) Version String”

If for some reason you want/need to try Vital.exe as a standalone on Linux via WINE, and are in the crowd who gets only a black screen with the OpenGL 1.4 error, then write the same command prefix, of course making sure it is the proper driver.

Your system might be using a different driver to perform OpenGL duties, so start with this command to start troubleshooting:

glxinfo | grep OpenGL

so, this matter is fixable, on either the user side, WINE’s side or Vital’s side but for now it seems to work like a charm!
"
Also, i am unable to use Vital-linux in Reaper Linux unless it is “run as Native” mode.

And the opengl version string command i gave above is for your DAW in place of “Reaper exe” which i was running under wine. Consult your favorite linux forum and ask how to change the version string for your distro and daw.