Install Issue Ardour 6.5

Good Morning Everyone

I am ready to buy this synth , I am a contributor to the excellent Helm. However I can Only get the standalone Vital to run .

I have tried the .deb file which successfully installs the LV2 but ardour will not run with the Error :

2020-11-28T11:03:10 [ERROR]: LV2: Failed to instantiate plugin http://vital.audio

I have tried the various binaries in the default folders , Ardour does not even see them .Carla cant see vital when you re scan .

System i s Ubuntu Studio 20.04

Many thanks

Alastair

3 Likes

I have the same issue in Pop!_OS 20.10.

1 Like

I am told that the issue is dynamic linked libraries whatever that means :grinning: seems we need to wait for the next version

Warmest regards

Alastair

2 Likes

Thank you for the information! :slight_smile:

Did the developer tell you we would get statically linked libraries in the next version?

Maybe someone knows what libraries are needed?

1 Like

This is seablade over at Ardour discourse . All of this stuff is beyond my understanding :slight_smile:

21d

Once a plugin fails to instantiate correctly it tends to get blacklisted and you have to clear the blacklist for Ardour to try again.

That being said, Vital is not statically linked, so it tries to use external libraries on your system that may or may not be the correct version for what you need to do. As a result that plugin just has issues on certain systems, and the author should and would need to statically link the plugin at compilation in order to avoid this.

Seablade
2 Likes

I am also having this same issue with same error in Ardour 5.12. My OS is Ubuntu 20.04. I really want this fixed as Ardour is my main DAW. Well done btw Matt Tytel, great synth. :smile:.

I have the same issue with Ardour 6.9 Pop!_OS 21.04. When i try to assign a Vital instance to a midi track, Ardour shows me an error

2021-10-01T19:13:10 [ERROR]: LV2: Failed to instantiate plugin http://vital.audio
2021-10-01T19:13:10 [WARNING]: Failed to add Synth Plugin to newly created track.

II installed Vitalium and it works flawlessly in the Ardour session.
I installed Vital from the .deb downloaded from the official Vital site

The standalone version of Vital works fine.
Please tell me if a solution exist!

Hello vladzur check out this reply from seablade on the Ardour Forum

alasta4204

Dec '20

This is seablade over at Ardour discourse . All of this stuff is beyond my understanding :slight_smile:

21d

Once a plugin fails to instantiate correctly it tends to get blacklisted and you have to clear the blacklist for Ardour to try again.

That being said, Vital is not statically linked, so it tries to use external libraries on your system that may or may not be the correct version for what you need to do. As a result that plugin just has issues on certain systems, and the author should and would need to statically link the plugin at compilation in order to avoid this.

Seablade