I found the previous Vital Installer?

I mentioned the time frame because it seems as if you were accusing me of incompetence. I assure you that is not the case. My first download was 1.0.3, and I’m seeing no alternate versions and no box for that matter. In addition to Linux, I have tried this on a Mac mini with all three common browsers to no avail.

That is not correct. All downloads shows everything all the way back to version 0.8.2 which is long before I bought Vital.

1 Like

If you’ve been programming computers since 1977 then you should recognize a system specific issue. Older versions of Vital are shown just fine here as proven by the screenshot I provided and for other people as well. The fact that your systems can’t access a simple link is the fault of your systems not Vital’s website.

Please! I’ve read the HTML source. It’s NOT THERE. Some web programmer has been too clever by half as happens all too often these days.

I’ve shown you a screenshot and provided you with the link. I don’t know what other proof you need.

Then why have I seen the symptom on two unrelated platforms (Linux & MacOS)? The intervening router and switch just shove the data along, so I don’t see them as culprits here.

This isn’t system specific, happens to me too, i just get an empty list of products. I suspect its a backend issue, most likely account specific as it looks as though a POST request to https://account.vital.audio/products for me returns an empty array of products :frowning:

What operating system ?

I am not doubting that you do get this. I see absolutely no reason I should not see the same thing. It may be system specific, but I should not need to say the host is a system too, and that it may be making a bogus discrimination based on the remote client or the specific account, and I’m not implying malevolence, just an error in programming. It happens.

And you know a system specific issue can affect more than one system right ? All running the same OS or the same Browser, all from the same region of the planet, with the same security settings etc.

I was assuming you meant I had a client specific issue. I.e. I am at fault for this occurrence.
I did mention that I saw the same problem with two systems and three distinct browsers. The only common things are the router NAT-ing them and the account used to log in.

Sure - thats a symptom not a reason though :rofl:

I’m on Ubuntu, tried both FF and Chrome and same thing on both, can’t see any of the download links for previous versions - can see and have downloaded the latest fine, its just the previous versions only which seem to be an issue

2 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation. I felt as if I was being gaslit.

2 Likes

Ok you’re both using Linux that’s a clue. What version of Vital are you two using ? Free, Plus, or Pro ?

Far from it!

I only tried to help because I had the same problem that I thought I had solved by trying what I explained in the first post (see my “Hope this helps” at the end of my post). So I am very sorry if you felt hurt somehow by my words, which i did not want at any time :pray:

Anyway, this is what I checked so far:

Windows 10 (VM): Firefox and Edge: same behavior (*)
Mac: Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome: same behavior

(*) same behavior = clicking “All Downloads” (aka account.vital.audio/?product=vital) shows me an empty list of “Your Products” and “Your Packages”. So I am probably wrong and you are right in that there is a bug on the web page that does not show what @teksonik says we should see.

p.d.: tomorrow (now I go to sleep) I will check it in a Linux VM to verify that the behavior is the same as in Windows and Mac.

Again, sorry if I hurt you in any way, that was not my intention.

Let me fire up my Kubuntu system and see what happens. I’ll be back in a couple of minutes.

I said quite plainly that I had observed the same fault on Chrome, Firefox, and Safari on MacOS as well.

So I’ve only just downloaded, so could be a timely thing - was just checking out a potential issue with LV2 rendering and seeing if its present in older versions too which is when I noticed it

:confused:

It’s not what I say you should see it’s what I see every time I log in on Windows 10.