How to make your own skin in Vital + a FREE skin :)

9 Likes

Thanks for all your tutorials! They’ve been really helpful!

3 Likes

Hmm, I supposed you can’t remap this alt + click thing? on Linux this is usually bound to dragging windows in the window manager.
ctrl + click would’ve been way more useful of a key binding.

1 Like

Since you’re on Linux, editing the skin file directly will be much faster and more convenient for you. The skin is a json file and uses hex colors. The main advantage is that you can replace all instances of the same color at once, instead of clicking the color picker into your premature death (it’s laggy AF).

1 Like

Where do you find this theme then? it’s not in ~/.local/share/vital

1 Like

On Windows I made my first skin by copying & modifying one of the skins from Documents\Vital\Skin Pack 1\Skins. If you don’t have the skin pack, you can take any user-submitted skin from the forum and put it in vital/YourCamelsName/Skins directory.

1 Like

Is it possible to load different looking knobs or add texture to the background? or its mostly about changing colors like in old synth1?

1 Like

It’s vector graphics, so no texture. You can modify several parameters affecting how the knobs look, can turn then into ableton-style knobs, for example.

5 Likes

No problem! Glad I can help :slight_smile:

oh wow thanks for showing these :slight_smile:

There’s even a shadow setting for knobs, which I really like. Together with transparency for the labels under the knobs, they really pop! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gracias hermano! Un abrazo desde Colombia :pray::zap: