How to convert Audio File Source '.vitaltable' to Wave Source '.vitaltable'

I’m trying to convert some .vitaltable files from Audio File Source format to Wave Source format, so that I can freely edit the harmonic content and phase of each frame.

I’ve been exploring [okwt](https://github.com/drzhnn/okwt), which seems close to what I need, but it doesn’t quite get there.
Does anyone know of a tool or method that can make this specific conversion? Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

What are you trying to do with the tables?

Any .wav table you modify with Vital will become a vitaltable, if I’m not mistaken

You should be able to export any vital table to “save as .wav” for use in other synth, if that’s what you are trying to do!

Edit: bottom of this thread has a helpful screenshot

Thanks for your input! I’ve updated my post to clarify my needs more precisely. What I’m looking for is to convert an Audio File Source .vitaltable to a Wave Source type .vitaltable within Vital, as this will allow me to edit the harmonic content and phase of each frame freely.

Ah gotcha, you’re looking to do the reverse of okwt github, is that correct?

What happens if you open the wavetable in Vital, export as wav, and re-import?

Honestly not sure if I’ve come across something to help with this before. hopefully someone else has.

You may be able to manually do it by exporting the wavetable as a wav with your DAW (i.e. a midi note that plays through the whole table exported as a sample) and then importing the sample as a wavetable?

Good luck though!

1 Like