How to change from Vital 1.0.7 to 1.5.5

When I first downloaded Vital I went with the 1.0.7 version and have since downloaded some presets as well as made my own. With a lot of the presets I’ve downloaded I get the notification “Cannot load preset, preset was made with a newer version of Vital”. So, I’ve tried installing 1.5.5 but still get the same result. Do I need to completely uninstall Vital and reinstall 1.5.5 for my presets to work? If so, how do I do this without getting rid of all my current presets and messing up my current projects?

You shouldn’t need to uninstall Vital at all; really, I would suggest keeping around the 1.0.7 vst to make sure your projects still work.

I’m going to assume you’re loading the 1.5.5 presets in a DAW through the vst version (as opposed to the standalone version). Please check to make sure the version your using in the DAW is actually the 1.5.5 version. To check version number, just press the Vital logo on the top left corner. When you run the installer for 1.5.5 it won’t automatically update the version of Vital used in your projects. To update them and have the ability to load the newer presets, you will need to replace them with the new vst generated by the installer.

Ahh, I didn’t realize the installer would just install the 1.5.5 version as a new VST instead of updating 1.0.7. I’ve got 1.5.5 installed and into my DAW working great, thank you!

2 Likes