How does "Bend Morphing Knob" work in Vital?

I was using Serum, and now I am trying to use Vital. So I noticed that the way bending function works in Serum is different with Vital. In Serum the line bends symmetrically, but Vital doesn’t. I wonder how I can bend the wave symmetrically and also wanna know if there is “bend +/-” option in Vital

it is always a bend+/-, you can move the slider under the waveform to move its symmetry point around the wave; hope this helps

I looked the wave carefully, and I assumed it is +/- but wanted to make sure and thanks for telling that. However, speaking of the symmetry point, when I move the knob toward + side, it seems like it only pushes the most right side of the wave, which is not what I wanted. What I want is both sides of the wave bend symmetrically.

• “Squeeze” function seems like the closest thing that I want. What I want is a function like “Squeeze + Bend” or Skew function in Sytrus

Vital Serum

I have the same question as you.

have you tried moving the phase slider under the oscillator graphics?

It’s a different synth, better to learn how to get the sounds you want out of it the native way instead of trying to use it like it’s Serum. If you want Serum, you should use that.

So, what are you trying to accomplish, sound-wise? Are you trying to make that exact oscillator shape? If so, you can f.ex. use the spectral filter for that.

Or then you can just draw it.

1 Like