How can I resample to an oscillator like serum?

Hello all,
I was recently watching an au5 hypergrowl tutorial and wanted to see if I could recreate what he does in vital. I’m new to sound design and bad at explaining so here’s what I mean. I want to be able to resample a square wave into a full wavetable to make this growl sound.
https://youtu.be/Stvc9zR3-KA?t=70

Thanks,
Hunter

2 Likes

Right click on the oscillator and then click resynthesize preset to wavetable, hope this helps! Also Au5 is awesome! Here’s a patch I made inspired by one of my favorite songs by him: Snowblind Au5 SEQ.vital (403.9 KB)

2 Likes

It’s important to remember, that when you have wavetable (i.e. after the first resynthesize) that you set up a ramp LFO to scan through the wavetable.
I built a small patch, after resynthesizing the unison squarewave a couple of times.
HyperSquareFart.vital (590.9 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you! Also funny story, I already have your snowblind patch and it’s one of my favorite I’ve seen so far. Think I got it from the free patch sharing thread hahaha. Great work :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve actually been playing with wavetable lfo automation to try and emulate some fox Stevenson leads. Appreciate the advice!

1 Like