How about giving Vital Plus users access to 1.5 update?

Hi,
New would-be user here. I recently came across some Youtube videos about Vital, which looks very impressive,so I purchased the $25 Plus license, only to find that to be able to run it natively on my M1 Mac, I would have to purchase either the $80 Pro, or the Subscription .I avoid subsciptions like the plague, and $80 is enough to have to carefully consider. Also, $25 isn’t nothing, and is definitely a paid option / supporting development, and should be treated as such.

Anyway, the business model aside, I think that this particular update should be made available to all paying customers, so that we can run it natively on our systems, and not have to compromise our setups by running through Rosetta.

Hopefully, at least some agree. Either way, I would like to get an accurate idea of when we are going to have access to the update, not a vague notion. It’s already being used, and has been for some time, and seems to be very stable from what I’ve heard, so can we have a clear answer on this, please.

I can’t think of any good reason why it shouldn’t be pretty much right away.

One final option that just occured to me : I saw mention in another post that the update was planned for June, “but may be pushed back if other features are to be added”,or words to that effect.

Well, it obviously has been pushed back, so how about just doing an “as is” release that is Apple M1 compatible, asap, and do another release when any other features being worked on are ready.

I’d be delighted to have M1 compatabilty even with no additional features, for now. I’m sure many M1, M1pro & M1max users would feel the same way.

Best Wishes.

1 Like

I decided just to add the subscription for a while. I can always cancel it after a few months, once the update is released. So, I must say, Vital sounds amazing, and I’m very happy that I decided to go for one of the paid versions right from the start.

I’ve only had very limited time to play with it, but, so far it doesn’t seem to be crushing my cpu,which was my main concern, and one of the reasons why I wanted to try an AS native version so much.

I think I’ll be spending a lot of time with Vital.

Best Wishes.

1 Like