[HELP] How to Design CPU friendly Presets?

Hello everyone,

I unfortunatly have a weak CPU. Therefore I’d like to design CPU friendly presets to share with anyone who is in the same situation as I am. :sweat_smile:

I have :
-set my sampling rate to 48kHz
-turned oversampling to x1
-disabled high-res wavetables
-reduced unison voices as much as possible

Are there any other things I should look out for. Any help is apreachiated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Reducing unison voice but also reducing polyphony will help! Unless that’s what you meant.

I assume the less complicated the patch the better, so maybe keep in mind the least amount of lfos, env, or modulation overall. Minimal effects, or specific effects like reverb might be heavier.

Otherwise great question! Not sure what the best approach would be, mainly keep it in Draft mode (x1) would be my suggestion. Not sure if the other aspects have a big difference or not!

Good luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

maybe a good theme would be to try to design as many monophonic patches as possible and let that be a preset pack.

1 Like

Haven’t thought of the reverb. I’ll make sure to turn it off. Is there an option in Vital to have two variations of one sound in a single patch? I’d like to have the option to switch from a low-CPU mode to a higher one.

@reklamchef That’s a good idea! Thanks!

if there’s a big difference to you between oversampling amounts for the same preset, might as well save them as separate presets. other than that, you could use macros to control the number of voices or unison. in the mod mapper you can finesse the macro knobs so they act more like toggles or position switches to limit the gradations between those variations.

1 Like