Free Wavetables: 128 Wavetables (Serum format) plus single-cycle waveforms, from a huge forthcoming collection

I recently added more than 5000 new wavetables based on formant synthesis to the full KRC Mathwaves collection. While I was doing that, I took the opportunity to make yet another small collection of 24 FREE wavetables available in the KRC Mathwaves sampler.

You can get them by visiting Free Wavetables for Korg modwave, Serum, Vital, Surge, Bitwig and other wavetable synths plus single-cycle waveforms.

A (very) quick preview of what you can do with the formant wavetables is available in my most recent YouTube video here:

The 24 new wavetables I’ve added to the free wavetables sampler are just a TINY taste of my most recent wavetable developments, including FFT, convolutional, formant, and basic wavetable categories.

As always, you can get the full version of the KRC Mathwaves wavetable collection here.

Happy synthesizing,
Keith

1 Like

Hey there! KRC Mathwaves continues to grow and here’s my latest video about the latest additions to this massive wavetable collection. I’ve recently added several thousand new wavetables covering “Basic Mix” (combinations of the basic subtractive synthesis waveforms), vocal/formant wavetables (handy for dubstep, color bass, and other “bass music” styles, as well as many other applications), and vocal-ish wavetables created with the “VOSIM” (VOcal SIMulator) technique from the 70s. I’m sure you know this, but there’s both a free wavetables version (a couple hundred wavetables) and a commercial version of the KRC Mathwaves wavetables (way over 140,000 wavetables). Here’s the video:

Happy synthesizing,
Keith from https://www.wavetables.lol

A couple of my recent videos have focused on non-wavetable applications of KRC Mathwaves, but my latest is back on a wavetable tip and also gives an overview of a great set of “free” plugins that Vital users will likely be interested in. Check it out, like, and subscribe for MOAR talky synth content!:

Hey there! :wave: My latest video covers another 700+ wavetables in KRC Mathwaves, based on an idea about “splitting” waveforms. Also, I cover a great new DISCO sample library, and another cool free plugin in Airwindows Consilidated Check it out!

New “Split” Wavetables, Soundpaint Disco Strings, and a Crunchy Reverb!

2 Likes

I wanted to like zebralette over the years, but the syntesis method is so unique and novel that it’s distracting, according to my opinion. also if i can get a synth to sound the way i expect it to while tweaking settings, i tend to give up on it. As the man in the video says “ain’t got time for that”

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve checked in on the latest version of Zebralette 3, so I’m not sure how the latest import options, etc., have changed. It is interesting to have a play around with it, and it is free. So there’s that. But I haven’t found myself reaching for it. I think the full version of Zebra 3 will be interesting (and possibly great), but likely very CPU intensive! And thanks for watching!

1 Like

PSSST… I just added 1400 new wavetables to the free wavetables version of KRC Mathwaves. (And many more than that to the commercial version, still just $29).

Get either or both at: https://www.wavetables.lol/

Free version adds 1400 wavetables created from my newest and completely rearchitected Variational Autoencoder model. So now more than 1600 free Wavetables in the collection.

Paid version includes those as well as outputs from two other new models for another 10K or so wavetables that are quite different from my original VAE wavetables.

Again, video to come soon where I talk in depth about how these are created and what I’m thinking about next.

Cheers,
Your old pal Keith from wavetables.lol

1 Like

They are also better, this is just my opinion, thank you again for this update, the last one was also good.
I think there is a error on gumrod for “SERUM/VITAL Wavetables .wav: VAE 365” they are .wt but not .wav

Thanks, @tinga - I will check out that problem!

Hey @tinga - yep, you were right. I uploaded the wrong file there. Fixed! You’ll see a new download link in the same place as before, but it’s the correct file now. Thanks so much for having checked.

Glad you like the new wavetables! I’m actually in the process of recording a new video about these, but here’s a quick rundown of what they are:

These are wavetables created with new versions of my VAE model that has a very different architecture from the original VAE 1xx models and are also trained on a much larger library of waveforms, composed of the original Mathwaves waveforms, but also a huge number of waveforms from my more recent work (like the waveforms in the VOSIM, formant, Basic Mix, Split, etc. collections):

• VAE 363 is a model trained on about 400,000 unique waveforms. It produces waveforms that are sort of “rounded off” (sort of like they have been lowpass filtered) and the transitions between them are very smooth. The selection of wavetables here is unusual. There are 3 different sets that have exactly the same start and end points. There are subtle differences in how I interpolated between the two points. “mobez” means “bezier morph”, “molin” means a Euclidian straight line linear morph, and “moslrp” means a spherical linear morph (“SLERP” technique). The points are not randomly sampled from the model’s latent space, but are based on randomly selecting an actual training waveform, finding where it is encoded in the space, jittering it a bit and then interpolating between them. (The model itself has more than 290 million parameters.)

• VAE 365 is a huge model with more than 800 million parameters and trained on 2.8 million waveforms. It generates/learns quite a bit more detailed waveforms than version 363 and transitions are reasonably smooth. The generated wavetables are the full complement of types that I did for the 1xx versions (where we randomly sample points from the latent space) but also they have “mobez/lin/slerp” versions where the starts and ends are based on actual training waveforms. Unlike the 363 wavetables, every wavetable is unique. I just did a smaller set for each variation with the intent of making it free. There are some very cool wavetables in here.

• VAE 366 is slightly smaller than 365 (550 million-ish parameters), but more capable of generating more detailed waveforms. It was also trained on 2.8 million waveforms. Transitions are less smooth in this one. The generated wavetables are my “usual” style with 2048-ish of each type (and those types include the “mobez/lin/slerp” types where the source waveforms are based on the training dataset). You can definitely recognize specific waveform types from other parts of my collection in these! Try the mslerp_vae_ds1_v366 and mslerp_vae_ds2_v366 type wavetables and you’ll see what I mean.

Cheers,
Keith

1 Like