February 2022 Vital Compo [CLOSED]

Theme: Alien Environment
Create a Vital patch that reflects the theme and submit it to this post before Feb 24th to have it entered into the February 2022 Vital Compo. The best submitted patches will be announced in next months post
Some patches for inspiration: Alien Environment.vitalbank (3.9 MB)

What is Vital Compo?

Vital Compo is a casual monthly competition focused mainly on motivating and inspiring people to practice their sound design using Vital.

How do I submit my entry?

To submit your entry, upload your patch to this post. If you’re a new user and can’t upload a file, post a google drive link. Optionally, you can submit a quick demo showcasing how your patch is meant to be played.

If you would like to submit multiple entries, simply repeat the process. You are encouraged to submit more than 1 patch each month, but you will only be judged for the last 5 you post.

What are the requirements?

You can only submit patches that were made during the compo time frame.

Taking inspiration from other patches is allowed, but outright copying is not.

Adhering to the theme is not an rule, feel free to make whatever you want, it just won’t score high in themeing.

What do I win?

The free patches people submitted

Your patch/name in the discord hall-of-fame and next months post

All the included serotonin from winning

Where do I go for questions?

The discord: https://discord.gg/mZW3hbnVTz there’s a lot of extra information here too, so read it if your confused, then ask questions.
All questions, discussions, and anything other than submissions should go in the discord, please do not use the comment area for anything but patch submission.

Results:
1st - @sonicsporesounds | NBL - DD - Great Attractor.vital
2nd - @tinga | Welcome in the deep space 1a.vital
3rd - @tinga & @snil4 | Fancy Pulsar.vital & Unknown Communication.vital
Alien Environment Vitalbank: HERE

2 Likes

Nice! I will give it a try …

@SlavaCat Can’t seem to get the bank to install any preset(s). Gets imported without any issues, but nothing new shows up in my presets list.

Should work now, let me know if you run into any more issues!

Yes, it works now. Thank you

Thanks for the compo, that was a really fun exercise, but anyway here’s my patch since I can’t upload directly to the forum yet.

1 Like

Hello People, Here’s a new Free Vital Synth Patch.
Deep drone Space ambient Pad : “Great Attractor”
Download link in video description

1 Like

Is this your entry?

Close Encounters.vital (1.9 MB)

Here’s my first patch! I assume there’s no upper limit of submissions right? :wink:

1 Like

You can post as many as you’d like, but the last 5 are the only ones judged.

Okay, sorry, this is really alien - My Patch “Predators on the Darkside of Planet”
Predators On Darkside of Planet.vital (1.6 MB)
Contains two new wavetable which I have created by resampling previous patches and combining them together.
Please expect dystopian sound… may I suggest you start with real low registers … then move upwards through the octaves … and try the ModWheel

2 Likes

SUBMISSION ENDS IN A WEEK

get you patches in soon

1 Like

Compo Closes tomorrow

GET YOUR PATCHES IN NOW

1 Like

Deceleration in Venus’s Atmosphere.vital (288.6 KB)
Welcome in the deep space 1a.vital (1.8 MB)
Alien Faune.vital (442.3 KB)
Fancy Pulsar.vital (260.4 KB)
Cristal rain.vital (476.6 KB)
Landing.vital (330.9 KB)
Allien’s voices.vital (184.2 KB)

1 Like