Favorites Selection in Preset Browser Window

Wow…a very impressive product.
I bought the Pro Version.

The first thing I did is sample all the presets and mark my favorites.
I’d like to see a couple of changes to the Preset Browser Window.
The first one is to change the Favorites Star from Purple to White.
If the star you are setting is on a non-highlighted line (ie. black background) it’s easy to see the selection Star toggle on and off.
However if the line is seleced (ie. purple background) you can still toggle the star, but it is practically inpossible to determine the state without selecting a different line to get you back to a black background.
If the stars were white instead of puple, you could see it against the purple background.
As it sits now it looks as though the stars are just a shade lighter purple (RGB) than the selection bar…but not enough to make it readily visible against the purple background.
If the stars are being overlaid by the purple selection bar…you may have to cut down the value of the Alpha Channel ( x’AARRGGBB’) of the selection bar in order to make the bar more transparent to white stars that lie below.

Secondly, I’d like to see the favorites column to be widened to 5-columns of stars.
There seems to be plenty of room.
If you click on the very left star…5 stars highlight.
Click on the very right…1 star…yada yada.

I have 65 favorites…and only having a one star indicator is not enough to further subdivide my choices.
When you do a sort on the favorites column the five stars would bubble to the top or bottom…followed by 4-stars Yada Yada.
You can define in your head what you want the stars to indicate.
You may want them to indicate levels of favorites.
Or you may wish use them to make up 5-categories.
5-Stars Ambient.
4-Stars Baseline.
3-Stars Strings.
2-Stars Drums
1-Star Sound effects.
Just decide in your head what you want the 5 catagories to include.
It makes it much easier to narrow things down than searching through 65 favorites.

Again…GREAT PRODUCT!!!

2 Likes

What about custom tags and smart collections?

But you could also just name them accordingly and then search.

To me that star system would be the worst way to implement categories.

Enjoy the ride with Vital