Env keeps retriggering

it says “sorry new users can not upload attachments” so heres a dropbox link

hopefully u can get the idea from it :smiley:

Hmmm it looks like the envelopes are triggering as expected. What behavior do you want to happen?

I notice in the video you didn’t engage Legato mode in the bottom right hand corner. Have you tried that to see if it will accomplish what you want?

i tried it before it didnt help sadly, basically in the video the lfo retriggers at the start of the attack rather than the start of the decay (i switched presets in the vid about halfway through to show what i wanted to happen)

another thing ive just found out is chords dont work and it instead only plays the highest pitch note, which sucks as idk how to fix that either :confused:

Well I don’t know what to tell you. I’m playing chords in Vital as we speak. It sounds like you have Vital in Mono Mode.

What does the number show in the Voices box?

Vital%20030922-1

Select “Initialize Preset” from the drop down menu and you should be able to play chords. The number of voices can be increased to 32 if you’ve got pads with long release times but more voices can consume more CPU.

wow im smart hahaha, i didnt notice that option, thank you very much

1 Like

which was my question 19 days ago:

have you increased poly count ?

I think you can only achieve this with the SMP… and I found this out by total accident the other night… Turn off all the other oscillators and load a sample into SMP that isn’t just noise (eg. Factory>Wave). Set Voices to 1, switch on Legato and make sure the release time of ENV 1 is set above something like 0.085 seconds.

Now trigger some notes in quick succession and watch the play head scroll through the whole sample and not retrigger, even though there’s a distinctly audible note off when you release a key.

I think you’re right in translating the OP’s initial question to mean this but they were additionally querying the note stealing phenomenon when playing chords.

As far as I know, it’s not possible to achieve the same result with OSC 1,2 & 3 but I could be wrong. To me, it makes sense that an OSC wouldn’t behave that way, whereas a Sampler would. For example, Ableton’s Simpler (in Slice mode) has a playback option called ‘Thru’ which behaves in a very similar way.

ISSUE 1 : why is my vitual vst display so big

ISSUE 2 : EVERY TIME I CHOOSE A NOISE THEN GO TO PATTERN TO CHANGE SOME HI HATS THEN WHEN I WANNA CHANGE THE NOISE IT ALWAYS PUTS ME BACK TO SQUARE 1 TO TO THE FACTORY NOISE SO LIKE I LOOSE THE SOUND I WAS USING

If you click on the ‘V’ logo in the top-left of Vital’s user interface (UI) then a window will open with options to resize the UI.

It sounds like you’re trying to change the current preset but I’m not totally sure what you’re describing. You may find an answer in the ‘Getting Started’ section of the unofficial user manual, here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G9C2zbuTkn28EgsoiuuuDEflfRD16i_A5XiQi9lnGuk/edit#heading=h.er9paxhn9gso