Crashes Ableton

Go here and get command line tools for your system.
https://idmsa.apple.com/IDMSWebAuth/signin?appIdKey=891bd3417a7776362562d2197f89480a8547b108fd934911bcbea0110d07f757&path=%2Fdownload%2Fmore%2F%3F%3Dcommand%20line%20tools&rv=1

Once installed, open terminal and add this command…

1. sudo codesign --force --deep --sign - (drag the vst or AU)
  2. Enter password

Then try to open Ableton and load vital vst or AU.

If these don’t work, try codesigning ableton as well.

Good luck

Chiming in on this thread, as I’m experiencing the same problem.

On a 2018 Mac Mini running Mojave, Vital loads in Ableton Live 11 Suite, but whenever I click to open and edit the GUI, I get the beach ball of death.

Runs fine in standalone and Logic Pro X 10.5.

On my laptop (2015 MacBook Pro running Mojave), it opens in Ableton Live 11, however, it fails to authorize online (only runs in offline mode). Standalone and Logic Pro, authorizes fine.

Seems to occur with both VST and AU versions.

Yes this is what was happening to me every time, so I had to completely abandon the idea of using Vital. However I recently installed the latest version and it now appears to be working perfectly, fingers crossed. I even upgraded to Plus.

I can’t think of anything else it could have been…but I always had the feeling it was something to do with Vital trying to connect to the internet. Try running it in offline mode/sign out of the stand alone, and then try again as a VST. I literally tried everything I could think of, so maybe it was just a random glitch. Defo try the latest install if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Tried upgrading from 1.0.4 to 1.0.7, but I’m afraid it still crashes in Live 11 on trying to open the plugin window. (Again, interestingly, I can get sound from it before trying to open the GUI).

It also seems to crash in Live 10.

Can you open the standalone version, logout, then click “Work Offline”
Then try running it in Ableton and see if it works.

1 Like

@Tytel – Yep, that indeed fixed it, thank you.

Is there reason for me to re-enable ‘Check For Updates’? Or should I just keep an eye on these forums?

Ok interesting. Curious if you try logging back in the plugin if it will work for you now.

You can just keep an out here (if you’re offline it won’t check for updates). I haven’t triggered the update notification yet for everyone but I probably will soon.

1 Like

Alas, when I signed back in on standalone, it re-triggers the problem in Live 11. At least there’s a workaround for now. Happy to try other things to help debug if it’s at all helpful.

Thanks for makin such a creatively engaging synth!

Hmm, I wonder if this is some firewall issue then… I haven’t been able to reproduce it Live 10 though. Will have try in 11.

Hey there!

I just started having similar issues with Ableton 11. I wasn’t able to open vital earlier today even though yesterday it was fine.

To get it to open in 11 again I had to open it in 10. Thought I had fixed it and was in the clear, but then it started crashing. It gives me a few minutes every time, but even sitting idle it’ll crash. I haven’t tested it in 10 yet but I did have to do my initial fix again to get it to open in 11 again.

Not sure if this is because of the new update. I’ve tried logging out on the standalone and it doesn’t seem to have changed anything.

Thank you for the great synth! And actively trying to fix its bugs

If you logout and click ‘Work Offline’, then restart your DAW does it crash then?
I’ve been getting reports of this in Live 11 but haven’t tracked down what’s causing it yet.

For this it’s specifically clicking ‘work offline’ and not just being logged out

I can confirm that work offline makes it possibles to open the hamburger menu in Live 11.

I can open vital when I’m online, but as soon as I click the hamburger menu, I get the spinning beachball of death (SBoD).

The Firewall settings allow incoming connections for Live and Vital.

If I open Vital in work offline mode, and then open the hamburger menu, then select Log in, and then click on Work offline: I get the SBoD.

Sometimes I get the SBoD before I have clicked on Work offline, so the trouble begins even before I have tried to log in. Just opening the Log in dialog is enough.

I’ve tried this with au, vst and vst3.
Live Beta 11.0.5b2 OSX 10.15.7.

I hope this gets fixed soon!

Succes

Hey has anyone been able to get this working? Its starting to happen with my sessions as well and I am seeing it in my crashlogs as well. Just downloaded and purchased the plugin last week (11/8/21) Let me know!

I seem to have got it to work but I don’t really know the exact problem/solution.
I have an intel onboard videocard and a radeon rx570.
It seems to have something to do with these drivers and the openGL drivers.
At first I got the OpenGL 1.4 message.
When I dissabled the intel videocard on my pc the message didn’t appear but the system crashed almost instantly after starting Vital in Ableton 11.
Then I decided to turn off the Radeon card instead of the intel and vital seemed to load normally in ableton and kept on working. While loaded and working I was able to turn on the Radeaon card.
Hence my conclusion that the vieodrivers seemed to be the culprit.

Hope somebody with more knowledge of the videodrivers can solve this!

Hey! I had a lot of really hard time getting vital to work on Windows 10 using Ableton Live 11. Tried a lot of the solutions here and none of them worked. I wanted to report that I updated the drivers for my graphics card and things just started working. Hope this helps someone in the future.

1 Like

Hey everyone!

Worked for me but, first I disconnected from the internet launched vital in my DAW, chose the “work in offline mode” and logged out. Then Reconnected to the internet and works perfectly now.