Crash on *large* .wav import to wavetable

Priority - low
OS - Win10
System - Ryzen 5 2600 CPU / 16GB ram
DAW - Reaper as well as stand-alone

Vital is awesome!! When I was messing with the import of wavetables I crashed reaper by dropping a huge file in with vocode selection. Using some .wav files I have handy, I was able to import a file of around 41MB as wavetable or vocode, but files i have which are around 75MB and larger crash reaper every time I attempt to bring in as via wavetable or vocode choices. Not sure if there is a max file size intended for this, but I wanted to do my part and report this. Just knowing what I can’t import successfully would be fine, I don’t expect this to work, just hope to avoid crashes for all. I am able to reproduce this 100% of the time in DAW and stand-alone. This log was created when reaper crashed. I have not found the log from stand alone crash yet. Processor does not appear to spike when attempting the import. If useful, please let me know further data to add or steps to attempt. I am nitpicking the best VST in the world, just hope to avoid others making this dumb mistake or losing work. Thanks! -Dan

Faulting application name: reaper.exe, version: 6.1.5.0, time stamp: 0x5f8d893c
Faulting module name: Vital.dll, version: 1.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x5fbcdc67
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000005c9224
Faulting process id: 0x2788
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6c4248ccdc982
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\REAPER (x64)\reaper.exe
Faulting module path: C:\VST\Vital.dll
Report Id: a117c8a6-c281-4733-8347-ef719aa81601
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have a feeling there is some sort of internal cutoff that either 1) occurs because of some memory issue because different variable types are limited in size 2) there is an intended cutoff that just wasn’t mentioned yet (the manual hasn’t even been released yet, so it could be in there)

Another possible idea is that that max file cutoff could vary from computer to computer. The error 0xc0000005 is an Access Violation Error, which is a fancy way of saying a program tried to do some funky stuff with memory that it shouldn’t have done. This might be because the developers planned for wav sizes to not exceed a certain size, and might have forgot to incorporate a cutoff (hence resulting in Vital not having enough memory, resulting in an error).

If the processor were to spike, my best guess would be that there is some sort of loop that for some reason isn’t being satisfied (but this doesn’t seem to be the case).

I think that sounds accurate. I just thought to test stand alone and run it as administrator. I found that I am not able to drag files in while running as admin. I receive a “no” cursor, like the ghostbusters logo. Same while running Reaper as admin. I don’t know that this info is useful, but let me know if you can think of a better test. Likely as you said, once we have a manual out, many of Matt’s secrets will be revealed. Thanks.