Can someone please explain exactly what Global Snap does?

I love the Transpo Snap feature, been using it a lot. But I’m a little confused about what the Global Snap toggle does; most of the time it seems to make every note I press become C, but one time when I turned Global Snap on while holding the fundamental of the key I was in, it stayed in that key and allowed me to go up the scale of the notes I selected. When I tried to replicate it again later, it again defaulted every note to C. Am I missing something?

1 Like

+1

I love the feature and think I understand it generally, but could also use some tips from more expert users on using it and how it works, creative use concepts and so on.

Thanks.

1 Like

The Transpose Snap feature is a bit difficult to explain. in its default mode it will transpose the currently scale which you hold down/play up depending on the new root not or something and Global Snap will snap every incoming MIDI note to the closes possible selected note when turned on

2 Likes

I’m glad there is a Global Transpose. I’m only just starting to get into using it.

My only feature request/suggestion would be that it be two octaves so we could use actual compound intervals, 9ths, 10ths, 11ths, 13ths.

That said, it was a very smart musical feature to include.