Can Preset Folders Be Nested Into A Single Folder?

I have one guy that issues a lot of content. I’d like each .vitalbank he issues to be in a uniquely named folder … and those folders to be nested into a single folder. Is that possible and if so how so?

Example: Signs folder
Contents: SOL1 Presets folder, SOL2 Presets folder, SOL3 Presets folder.

KenB

uhm…at least on the mac, you can, afaik, structure it as you wish (in the finder)
i.e.: with any subfolders you like

but, afaik .vitalbank is just a zip container and cannot be used by vital directly but has to be imported, whereas it gets unziped and unfolded into another folder…

(but i might be wrong with the new versions…haven’t tried it yet)

Been manually fiddling with it. Neither of the following two folder structures worked. Hope it makes sense.

First example
Level 1: Signs folder
Level 2: SOL1 Presets folder containing presets
Level 2: SOL2 Presets folder containing presets
In this example Vital doesn’t recognize anything … even the Signs folder

Second Example
Level 1: Signs folder
Level 2: Presets folder
Level 3: SOL1 folder containing presets
Level 3: SOL2 folder containing presets
Vital recognizes all presets … but doesn’t distinguish between SOL1 and SOL2 … which is really what I’d like to do.

The objective is just to tidy up the Vital preset browser by locating the presets from prolific developers under a nested folder structure.

2nd example works here

Screenshot 2022-10-16 at 21.58.20

the path of the preset called “Float Chords.vital” (for example) is:
~/Music/Vital/SignsTest/Presets/SOL2/Float Chords.vital

1st example does not work here either

hth

p.s.:
within the presetbrowser you have to click on the Signs parent folder twice to reveal any subfolders

pps:
as said before, afaik vital only directly reads presets, aka .vital files not .vitalbank files which have to be imported

p.s.:
on the mac (finder) the structure (that works) looks like that (within the default vital folder

Screenshot 2022-10-16 at 22.10.22

I’ve got it working now … I didn’t know about the double click thing.

Should come in useful … I have 12 sets of presets from the same developer.

Thanks for the help! muki!

:clap:
was a pleasure