Arrangement of sound banks in vital's browser

hi matt,

i would like to have my soundbanks clearer. i would like to have all factory banks in a folder called “factory” etc… but if i move the factory banks to such a folder, they are no longer displayed in the brower’s sounbank section. is it because of the depth of the path (folder structure)?

thanx!
alexander

in the preset browser, have you double-clicked the “factory” name?
it should reveal the subfolders
don’t know how many subdirectories (if any) this works
but at least one subfolder does work

the hirachy would be
factory/Presets/subfolder1, 2, 3 etc

p.s.:
just made a test:
it does seem to go a few levels down…
but it gets confusing too…

hello muki,
in the preset browser i have no visible subfolders, unfortunately. this is the problem.
if i want to organize the soundbanks under windows where the sound banks are stored (C:\Users\doral123\Documents\Vital), the sound banks in vital are no longer displayed.
I would like to move all sound banks that are automatically installed by default after installation to a folder called “Factory Content” or “Factory Banks”. and other folders named after categories should serve the further structure. the whole thing should look like this:
“01 Factory Content”
“02 Psytrance”
“03 Techno”
Etc.

on the mac, where it works, an example would be:
~/Music/Vital/factory/Presets/Factory_sub01/factory sub02/thesupersoundpreset_in_the_2nd_subfolder.vital

in your example the “Presets” dir is missing

should be something like:
…\Documents\Vital\Presets\01 subfolder\

hi muki,

it’s strange but it works now. i have manually created the presets “folder” and copied all banks in this folder. now all subfolders are visible. but vital setup(installation) does not create this presets folder. ?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

here, on the mac, it does
created folders at the topmost within factory are:

Presets
LFOs
Samples
Wavetables

which contain named items…
at least on the mac
no idea if it’s different on wintel (i doubt though)

no. such folders are not installed under windows.