Advantages of preloaded presets and wavetables?

Do presets and wavetables preloaded on the Pro, Plus, and Free versions of Vital have specific advantages over presets that the average user might create after using Vital for a little while or over wavetables created for or by other synths such as Serum?

In other words, do preloaded presets and wavetables make use of certain (presumably advanced) features of Vital that other presets and wavetables are not likely to use? Or does their value mainly relate to the experience and expertise of their designers in general (rather than with Vital in particular)?

@scott -

Or does their value mainly relate to the experience and expertise of their designers in general (rather than with Vital in particular)?

You might be right here. I have the Plus version. I have no experience with the free of pro version, so I can’t answer this accurately.

But for what it’s worth … I guess you could say that you are paying for convenience. I guess you could say you are paying for a set of curated wavetables that are known to work well with Vital, with presets that demonstrate the capabilities of the synth. The more you pay the more you get.

But music is of course very personal - you may not like the presets.
And you could load other wavetables into vital and they work fine.
And Vital’s design makes exploration and sound design quick and fun.

So to conclude, I think choices are available. But lack of funds is not a barrier to get started with Vital, which is nice :slight_smile:

2 Likes