Vital keeps saying "Preset created with newer version"

This preset was created with version 1.5.1 which is the newer version available in early access to Pro users and subscribers. (at https://account.vital.audio/?product=vital)

This preset wasn’t made with version 1.0.7 which is the version you’re on. Are you sure you made this preset? Is it possible you downloaded the preset from somewhere or were using version 1.5.1 when you made it?

2 Likes

Hi,
This is really strange, I 100% made the preset myself on the 26th August. And I have never had the Pro version (I only have the free version, I wasn’t going to upgrade to Pro paid version until I get the hang of it).
I honestly have no idea how this happened, but I had just updated to the latest version before I started to make the preset because I had not opened Vital for a couple of months.
Is there any way I can fix the presets, I only made two that day and they both error while opening. I have tried to remake them from memory but I just can’t get them the same. I started a tune with them so it would be awesome to get them working again.
I’m sorry about all this.
Thanks,
Sophia :purple_heart:

OMG!!! It worked.
You absolute Legend :raised_hands::grin::purple_heart::unicorn::boom:
I can’t thank you enough. If this happens again I’'l know how to fix it :+1:

P.S. I know the preset doesn’t sound great, its all about the post processing + automation :rofl:

2 Likes

I have fixed it in the code and it now works. If this happens again I’ll definitely let you know :+1:
Thank for your help, I really appreciate it :purple_heart::smiley:

2 Likes

Is there a way to fix this without downloading python & becoming a coder? lol I have the latest version 1.0.8 and I’m getting the same message except I didn’t create the patch. I deleted and unistalled everything vital related and reinstalled 3 times now and it’s still happening. Any solutions please?

I didn’t use Python, I used Text edit on a Mac. I had to look through the code for the incorrect version numbers and changed them to the correct version numbers. I use the free version of Vital but the version numbers in my presets were the Paid Vital version numbers. It worked fine but this would be a hassle if you had to fix lots of presets.
Most of the code looks like random digits, every now a again you will see words amongst those seemingly random digits, that is where you will find the version numbers, there will be about 2 or three places where to make the change. It looks overwhelming at first but it is easier than it sounds.
I hope this helps, good luck :crossed_fingers::smiley:

I created a separate post about this and someone told me to install the 1.5.5 version, I did & now the presets work! Thank you anyways

1 Like

Hi, as someone who really has no experience coding would you be able to explain to me on how to do this ? happy to go through a tutorial online or something.

I am getting the same error for some presets I got from someone else and it is really annoying me !

FYI I am on Windows 10.

Thank you !

If you got the presets from someone else, they were probably made with a newer version. What happened in the situations above was different because the presets were compatible, just the version number was off.

I do have the latest version of vital though as I attempted to update it and there are no further updates available (1.0.7). This is also latest version available online.

Have you looked closer? There’s also a 1.5.5 Early Access version, which I think many are already using (I do)

I just came here to say a massive thank you to SlavaCat!! had the same problem and this fixed it! you sir are the true MVP!! :clap:

2 Likes