Not good in Ableton

I’m connected via ethernet…I wonder if that could be some sort of issue?

Hey Tytel - any solution on the email login issue ?

I have the same issue on my windows, my specs are intel core i7, 16GB ram, 500GB SSD, I’m also running windows 10, and since the 1st day that I installed vital it was crashing every time I closed Vital, freeze the track or try to switch vital out for another vst, basically, I’ve vital is on a midi channel there’s no way to get it out there since trying to delete it will crash my Ableton and well I cant freeze it. Also, suck that I think Vital is super dope, I love sound design with all my heart and soul but I’m definitely not using vital until there’s a new version, it’s not worth all the crashes.

I have tried repeatedly to use with Ableton Live 10 Suite as a VST3 plug-in. It just hangs Ableton, and cannot be used.

System specs are:
Make: Alienware
Model: Area51m
CPU: i9-9900K
RAM: 64GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce RTX 2080
App: Ableton Live 10 Suite (full license)

Repro Steps:

1. Launch Ableton Live 10 Suite
  2. Select “Plug-Ins” from left navigation
  3. Expand VST3 category
  4. Drag “Vital” to Midi From (1)
  5. Control surface opens with frosted dialog (white) with title “Vital/1-Vital”
  6. Ableton Live 10 Suite shows “Not responding” in Task Manager

At this point, I have to forcibly end the Ableton Live 10 Suite.exe process. I don’t see a way to share a file, but I do have the Able Live 10 crash report (zip file), and I’m happy to share it.

I can also capture a memory dump for you, so please feel free to reach out directly to me. I’m willing to help you with any in depth debugging detail. You’ve done really nice work with this app, it seems a shame to see the VST3 issues blocking full enjoyment of Vital.

Thank You,
Paul

Not sure what changed but Vital AU and VST no longer work in Ableton. I have not updated the app, DAW or computer since posting my fix so I assume something has changed on the back/server end.

I really wish there was a way to run the plugin offline / locally. This whole having to connect to the internet thing is honestly kind of annoying. I would be willing to pay extra to be able to use this thing reliably. As it stands I now have several project files that are unusable because I used Vital as the main synth.

For real though. Pro users shouldn’t have to deal with this.

In the latest version you can work offline. Just logout and click ‘Work offline’. In that setting it doesn’t attempt any web connections. You can get it at https://account.vital.audio

Also, what do you mean it doesn’t work at all? Does it launch at all? It’s possible that when I updated my mac build server it invalidated the old code signature, but I thought it would still function if you had been using it.

I was getting a plugin screen hanging in Live 10, Windows 64 bit. Turns out I had changed my password on the account. After I logged in again plugin loads fine (1.05). Probably just need a timeout handler for the firebase auth stuff so it doesn’t white screen like that. Thanks for a great product!

The hang issues on opening in ableton are fixed (as well as the ‘Work Offline’ option) are in the latest version at https://account.vital.audio

Could you try that out? Also @paulwimmer

Hi Matt,
It seemed to work better: I could not open Vital GUI without freezing Ableton 11 in OSX 10.15.7.
I updated to Viatl to latest version and i could open the GUI and no edit, but when i close the GUI Ableton freezes. This is super annoying!

I have used Viatl a lot it has been working, but now it itseems to crash Ableton all the time. This one is a new project where i have vital preloaded. I can edit it via pre mapped macros but using the GUI freezes Ableton. Ican’t add another instance of Vital as i can use the GUI.

I have heard that there is a problem in OSX 10.15 with plugin GUIs. But no other plugin GUI crashes my Ableton like Vital does.

I can still mix my on going projects as long as i don’t open the GUI, but i hope this get fixed at somepoint. I really donät want to update my OS to Big Sur.

And yes, it is a system specific as it works for some others. But it is still a Viatl issue as it is only plugin that keeps Crashing Live 11.

@Tytel can i send you my crashing Ableton project if that would help?

Have you tried setting it to “Work Offline”?

If that fixes your issue let me know, if not let me know what plugin version you’re using (AU/VST/VST3).

Sorry, didn’t know about Work Offline option. For now it seems to work. But i’m a subscriber so then i don’t get updates. I use AU on Live.