Distorion FX Module creating Pop sounds

Hello,

Whenever I use the Drive from the distortion FX, it creates a pop in my sound whenever I play one note on top of the other. Let’s say the note and release last 500ms, so if I play the next note on 400ms (before the note ends), it creates a pop

I’ve tried substituting the Drive from the Distortion module to the Drive on the Filter module, and the pop goes. I’d imagine that the distortion is a bit more aggressive, but it seems like it’s a possible bug with the distortion… I don’t if I’m missing something, but it feels strange.

Here’s the preset
Lead 1.vital (322.4 KB)

And you can try it yourself. I honestly don’t understand why this pop is being created when the distortion is on, and why it goes away when the distortion is on.

best,

It seems like what was causing it was the modulation from ENV 1 to the Drive, which is weird because that ENV has a long release exactly to hold the notes a bit more after the note is not sustained. Could it be a bug on the Env?

It seems like what was causing it was the modulation from ENV 1 to the Drive, which is weird because that ENV has a long release exactly to hold the notes a bit more after the note is not sustained. Could it be a bug on the Env?

Because the release of the env should be held and that should hold the modulation as well, idk… bug?

I made a video to further explain what is happening

best,

best

maybe that knob just needs some more interpolation, dezipping or env follow built into it. probably other parameters in vital could use more of those kind of things as well. just a touch, or perhaps a global setting.

1 Like

I can confirm that behavior, but don’t know a solution.

1 Like