Creating a metalic sound in Vital

Hi I am a new user to Vital and I am still trying to figure out how to create a metalic pad sound. Saw a couple of tutorials for making pads and such but there is none to add that extra “metalic” feels to the sound.

If anyone could help it would be great, thank you.

1 Like

Hi, and welcome to the Vital community!

Can you give us some more elaboration of what sound you are trying to create, so that we can get an idea of how it might sound? If you have the example of a sound that you wanna recreate, or that is similar to your imagination, can you link that here?

If not me, someone here might be able to help you out!

Its this first few sound of this song that Im trying to re create

Nice song! Will sure check the sound out!

I don’t know if this answers your question, but I made a “bell pad” somewhat recently. I think it has somewhat of a metallic sound so I hope you find it useful/interesting

Bell Pad

2 Likes

I would recommend experimenting with FM

1 Like

You can get metallic reverberation by using comb filters with high feedback and the chorus with high feedback (after removing the modulation from the chorus)

You can get clanging type sounds with FM

2 Likes

I’ve had some success making metallic sounds using RAND AMP… Turn the knob to find a sweet spot, then transpose to retune if needed. As an example, I’ve changed the amplitude envelope of one of my bell patches to be more of a pad. Rejoice 1 Pad.vital (395.7 KB)

1 Like

turn up unison detune as high as possible, and do the same thing with the detune range. Use a sine wave.